ok readers, i think i have mastered it. thank you to everyone for the tips... you all helped me get here. i couldn't have done it without you!
liz's damn tasty but your breath will kill people caesar dressing
8 T. extra virgin olive oil
1/4 c. parmesan cheese, grated
2 eggs (boiled 60-90 sec. if you are scared)
3 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
1 tin anchovies
1 t. dijon mustard
1/2 t. worcestershire sauce
juice of 1/2 lemon
salt and pepper to taste
mash up the garlic and anchovies with a mortar and pestle. i like to use my chirmolera. make it into a paste. put in bowl with lemon, mash it all together. crack in eggs, whisk them in. add worcestershire sauce and mustard, whisk more. then whisk while drizzling in the olive oil. stir in parmesan. taste and add salt and pepper and maybe a little more lemon. drizzle on top of fresh or grilled romaine and either croutons or grilled bread. sprinkle with more parmesan if you feel like it. die happy.
warning: this dressing is super crazy potent. mashed up garlic and anchovies = possibly the scariest breath you can have. just fyi.
4 comments:
This sounds fantastic, Liz. I may give it a try this weekend - and I love the whole tin of anchovies...you're talking my language there!
Thanks!
Sara
This is pretty couragous using the whole can of anchovies. Anchovy paste might be an option for the timid.
Sounds great! I used to love caesar salad until I realized what an expensive joke the salad dressing industry was. That and just eating the croutons out of the bag.
I will seriously have to make this soon.
funny...does the person who suggested using anchovy paste know that all anchovy paste is is mashed up anchovies?! they are one in the same!
Post a Comment