so i read this column by nick kristof about racism vs. sexism, and he included a link to this game. the game shows you pictures of white and black men holding various objects, including wallets, cell phones, and guns. you are supposed to shoot the ones with guns.
his results: "I shot armed blacks in an average of 0.679 seconds, while I waited slightly longer — .694 seconds — to shoot armed whites. Conversely, I holstered my gun more quickly when encountering unarmed whites than unarmed blacks."
my results:
Your Score: 335
Average reaction time:
Black Armed:643.8ms
Black Unarmed:816.32ms
White Armed:727.48ms
White Unarmed:771.8ms
however, i don't own a gun so the reality is that my ass is toast no matter who tries to take me down.
right now it's beautiful out and i need to go grill the delicious salmon filet (fillet?) waiting in my fridge. if there are any armed men standing in the way between me and my fish, i am going to die hungry.
3 comments:
hahaha, that's hilarious. So I hope there weren't any armed men standing in the way of your food last night.
How was the Salmon?
no armed men fortunately! the salmon was yummy but i accidentally burned it a little on the bottom. so it was "blackened salmon." hahahaha
I finally took this test. Is there a box to check for "not racist but too stupid to remember which key does what"?
Post a Comment