beth had a falafel sandwich which she enjoyed and she got the baklava, which in true lebanese style was not drowning in honey (that is how greeks do it). she liked it a lot. they also offer other lebanese dishes like shawarma, beef kufta, kabobs, etc., and they have a gyro spit. don't forget to ask for some of their tasty hot sauce.
service is awesome, they are super nice. and the prices are good. the combo platter was $7.50 and the sandwiches are $3.50-5, or $1.25 more if you want to add fries. all the food is really fresh and flavorful and it comes out fast and hot.
i love this place and i am so excited to welcome it to downtown! hopefully it sticks around. and if you live downtown, guess what... they are open until 8 pm so it's not just for the lunch crowd.

3 comments:
Now yours is a review I will trust! One of my friends keeps banging on about how good Raya's is, but after being burned by so many other (as you say, mediocre) restaurants in that space I was VERY wary of going. Guess it's time to stop by on my way back from the library! Thanks Liz!
i know, i feel the same way you do! i was holding out but after hearing that their falafel was good from a very reputable source i decided to give it a chance. you should definitely go and help keep them in business!
My wife and I went there for dinner tonight. I asked for a falafel and kafta wrap (combining two awesome wraps into one), but they gave me a wrap of each. The falafel was really good. The kafta had a nice spice to it, but it left my mouth feeling really greasy.
My wife had the combination platter and she loved everything, but the baba ghannouj was a little too charcoal-y. It wasn't so much smokey as the eggplant just came off the coals and they left a bunch of ash on when serving it.
While it doesn't live up to the falafel I am used to having in New York, it is one of the better ones I have found here in Cincinnati. This is one place I will have to add to my rotation (plus, you can forgo the baklava and get a desert crepe instead!)
Post a Comment